Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fitzroy Falls Cafe ride

Took part in the Fitzroy Falls Cafe ride yesterday, which marked my first anniversary of Audax as well as a number of other milestones.

It was a very nice day, quite warm and a challenging ride. I hadn't been riding very much of late, recovering from the flu , and the hills yesterday were challenging, however its a very scenic ride and the food at the fitzroy falls visitpr centre is terrific. Just Richard and me on the ride, Greg started with us but he was training for the GSR and took off in search of kilometres after the 50km controle.

The ride up was hard and gave me a migraine (literally) but the return was excellent (mostly down hill). Disaster struck when flying down Macquarie pass the back wheel deflated - I was able to control it and stop safely - though my first puncture on the Roubaix - at 800km!

The remainder of the ride was uneventful except for the unwelcome return of the Magpie opposite the Illawarra Grammar School hill.

Now in preparation for the Alpine,

I have Mt Keira x 2
Macquarie Pass x 1

Mileage in Kilometres = 3000

No comments: