Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 7 - Flexnib's memes

If Melbin can, so can I

Do you snack while reading? Yes, often reading at lunch or dinner time so food goes everywhere.

What is your favourite drink while reading? Depends on the time of the day but coffee and or red wine.

Do you tend to mark your books while you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I hate the idea of writing in a book - I use notebooks when something strikes me.

How do you keep your place? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book open flat? I am not yet brain injured enough to not remember a page number from one day to the next. Now that I'm using an ipad or kindle, the whole page remembering thing is pretty automatic.

Fiction, non-fiction or both? Both

Do you tend to read to the end of a chapter or can you stop anywhere? I prefer chapter breaks but sometimes it just doesn't happen that way.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you? No, I just quietly put it down and walk away..

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away? Yep - it's a great day when I learn something

What are you currently reading? Solar, Ian McEwan, The art of asking, Terry Fadem, Discipline without Punishment, Dick Grote, 3 books on long distance cycling, When you are engulfed in flames, David Sedaris

What is the last book you bought? The art of asking (ebook) last proper book was Olivier and Parrot in America, Peter Carey.

Do you have a favourite time/place to read? Anywhere is fine, but I do have a favourite wing back chair.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over? The Child in Time - Ian McEwan

How do you organize your books (by genre, title, author’s last name, etc.)? I do not organize my books - have enough of that at work!

Barbara’s additional question: background noise or silence? Music usually

No comments: