Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's a Bit late but...

I have really been enjoying my cycling during December and have completed the Highlands 300km brevet and the Christmas Picton Ride (100k). I have also been able to ride more than I expected on a daily basis, given the various christmas commitments that occur at this time of the year and the absolutely crappy weather we have been experiencing. On average I've been out every other day with a number of consecutive days riding logged.

The Highlands 300 on the 4th December was a really enjoyable ride (see previous post) and the Picton Xmas ride two weeks later confirmed to me that I'm getting stronger all the time. The first time I tackled Picton road heading east was 3 years ago, I was a bruised, dehydrated and sweaty mess coming back. This time I was calm and spinning away nicely, despite trespassing on a construction site and a few squalls on the way home.

Since my ITB problems last May and physio and such, I am really beginning to feel like I can be a confident long distance cyclist. Sure it will hurt and I will suffer endlessly, but it doesn't seem as alien now as it did when I commenced this blog.

Now without spoiling my yearly recap post next week, I'm pretty happy to be sitting on about 9100km for the calender year which is quite a bit further than I aimed to ride, so next year I will be looking a little bit further down the road. I'll also be looking to inject some visual interest into the blog and take some photos on my rides.

Crikey, If I manage to come back from Paris without any illustrations, I will be disappointed.

Mileage in Km 9160

No comments: