Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Wrap Up

As months on the bike go, October turned out to be a pretty good month. Especially considering that I wasn't supposed to be riding!

Being on leave for half of the month is a big help, so much more time for longer rides and the weather has been great.

So analysis of the month is 17 rides for 1003km and 10,855m of climbing. My best monthly effort for some time.

As it happens I was back to the Surgeon this morning for the final review of my foot. All seemed well and I'm quite happy with it, so to celebrate I went out for a ride, aiming for Bald Hill.

The weather was warmish and the late start mean't that I saw a lot of sun but the climb up to Bald Hill was great and according to Strava I posted my best time.


Bald Hill
Special Sunscreen Filter used
The climbing improvement I'm putting down to some weight loss (sitting on about 73kg now down from 84 earlier in the year) and yoga practise. My yoga teacher emphasises the importance of technique and softness of breath and eyes during poses, even when they're physically demanding. I've been carrying that over into my approach on the bike, especially when climbing and trying to maintain a soft posture and relaxed breathing.

I'm now looking forward to the new Audax season, tackling a year round Randonneur award ( a 200km ride or longer every month) as well as a super series

Mileage in Kilometers = 4782

No comments: